- If you need OHP, Northwest Human Services, West Salem Clinic & Total Community Clinic has OHP Assistor’s helping people apply for OHP over the phone. Anyone needing assistance can call 503-480-1643. Please leave a message with your contact information as they are checking their voice mail daily.
- Food boxes in West Salem
- West Salem United Methodist Food Pantry- Monday & Wednesday 1:00pm 3:00pm (1219 3rd Street NW) 503-363-3035
- Shared Blessing Food Pantry @ Family Life Church- Wednesday 8:30am 12:00pm (1675 Wallace Road NW) 503-364-0002
- Life Essentials Food Pantry @ Life Church – 3rd Thursday 7:00pm 8:00pm and 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month 9:00am 12:00pm (255 College Drive NW)
- Kingwood Bible Church Food Pantry- Starting April 3rd, call 503-399-9600 ahead of time to schedule a food box pick-up on Wed or Fri 9am-noon (1125 Elm Avenue NW) 503-399-9600
- Applying for SNAP/TANF/Child Care assistance through DHS is encouraged to be done online… https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/COVID-19/Pages/Home.aspx if you don’t have access to the computer you can still go in person to the office. If you don’t mind driving to Dallas, the Dallas Community Resource center can be helpful because they have staff from different supportive agencies throughout Polk County and they can help people apply for services. Call first to confirm the hours of operation on the day the plan to go. 503-623-9664 https://www.co.polk.or.us/fco/dallas-community-resource-center-0
- This is good link for a general services search that you might find helpful. https://www.midvalleyresources.org/